PE and Sport Premium
As a school and nursery we are great believers in the importance of high- quality PE and sports provision for all of our children. A quality PE and sports curriculum will:
- allow children to learn and understand the importance of exercising for a lifetime.
- provide regular, physical activity that is the best antidote to eliminate obesity and maintain an acceptable body weight.
- teach fundamental motor skills that enable them to develop the competence that creates confidence and leads to safe and successful participation in a wide range of sports.
- encourage children to improve their fitness levels, including muscular and cardiovascular endurance, strength and flexibility.
- be particularly important for those children with verbal communication skills, improving their confidence in their physical abilities can lead to positive feelings of self-esteem.
All of our teachers teach a full PE curriculum to ensure good coverage of a wide range of sports and activities. We also work with a fully qualified sports coach who delivers fantastic lessons to each class on a weekly basis.
On occasions through the academic year we have a range of other sporting groups and teams such as climbing wall, scooter and skateboarding that come in which hugely enriches the opportunities we can offer and further excites and motivates the children.
As part of the Heath Academy Trust each year group will have at least one competitive event that they participate in. From dance competitions to tag rugby children love making friendships across schools and of course competing for the all important cup and medals!
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.